Thursday, August 20, 2009

On Pillow Talk and musing with true angels

http://www.shop-pillowtalk.com/img/pillowtalkPillow.gif








Usually, pillow talk are meant to be ..Urkk... in the bedroom at night.
Remember those night, loads of junk foods, bad movies on TV and you gather with your girl friends talks your hearts out- anything from beauty, love, relationships and of course the latest gossips. But, this time with a lil' twist and creativity splashing here and there .
I now unconventionally(conventional are for bunch of pussies!) slot in pillow talk in every session of my current Creative Sales Training. The last time I had the chance to do such massive sales training for an event was in 2007 for Maxis Hotlink Jom Heboh Miri , Sarawak. It was indeed a fun and fulfilling one week sales boot camp.

This time I don't have the same luxury in terms of time: Only 3 days, with 2 different sessions to be conducted, and each sessions last about 6 hours and to put icing on top of the layered cake(mind the local pun) each sessions are attended by two very unique and much different groups. The training was especially designed for Hotlink promoters, my boss has given me the freedom to conduct these sessions and to take up this sales course ,of course I'm most glad to accept this offer by him.

The sales training starts with basic training style- ice breaking, product exposure and creative sales guide for promoters.

The 3 days training was attended by about 40 pax, consisting of young boys and girls who either eager to be a Hotlink promoters or just here to get free events access. These group of 'younger generation" has somehow blend in with me so easily.

The session that they awaits the most would be the "Pillow Talk"
Here we would share our intimate feelings on the current events and training that they have attended, their fears and concerns or anything that they want to share. We would work around with all these and create solutions and seek opportunities and rooms to fill up the obvious gap, improving for the better.

Most trainer will never want to show their flaws and for me, it's full of bulshits! A trainer is a human being that far from perfect, I myself admit to my audience that . We are only here to educate and improve our self, mistakes are meant to be made, and is not an excuse to not work hard or change for the better....I showed them how to admit mistakes and resolve issues and make decisions firmly, i showed them how to be more human and emphasize on the basic rules of emotional intelligence- empathy and human touch

The pillow talk even makes me realize that each individual are more powerful as a self even more dynamic if it's in a group. Working as a team needs strong (emotionally and physically) individuals to build a firm foundation of a successful team.

It was indeed an amazing 3 days of my training career here in the region
The beautiful faces of these 'angels' just warm my heart, they are crazy and fun, they've work hard and play hard...thank you guys
this blog is dedicated to all my Hotlink Promoters (Jom Heboh 2009, Kuching, AF Reunion Concert and Kembara TV3)or my Fabulous Hotlink Crewz

much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment