Sunday, February 28, 2010

Social Networking Vs Reality













I seriously have nothing much to blog this time, to the point I'm writing all this crap. Get ready for some major shits coming from this time

According to Wiki

A social network service focuses on building and reflecting of social networks or social relations among people, e.g., who share interests and/or activities. A social network service essentially consists of a representation of each user (often a profile), his/her social links, and a variety of additional services. Most social network services are web based and provide means for users to interact over the internet, such as e-mail and instant messaging. Although online community services are sometimes considered as a social network service in a broader sense, social network service usually means an individual-centered service whereas online community services are group-centered.

The main types of social networking services are those which contain category places (such as former school-year or classmates), means to connect with friends (usually with self-description pages) and a recommendation system linked to trust. Popular methods now combine many of these, with Facebook, Bebo and Twitter widely used worldwide; MySpace and LinkedIn being the most widely used in North America;Nexopia (mostly in Canada);Bebo,Hi5, StudiVZ (mostly in Germany), iWiW (mostly in Hungary), Tuenti (mostly in Spain), Decayenne, Tagged, XING; Badoo and Skyrock in parts of Europe; Orkut and Hi5 in South America and Central America; and Friendster, Mixi, Multiply, Orkut, Wretch, renren and Cyworld in Asia and the Pacific Islands and Orkut and Facebook in India.

There have been some attempts to standardize these services to avoid the need to duplicate entries of friends and interests (see the FOAF standard and the Open Source Initiative), but this has led to some concerns about privacy.

Although some of the largest social networks were founded on the notion of digitizing real world connections, many other networks as seen in the List of social networking websites focus on categories from books and music to non-profit business to motherhood as ways to provide both services and community to individuals with shared interests.

I've been using the internet for the last 12 years or so. I first utilize it as my own social networking sources. It starts with those days - MIRC- Marathon Internet Relay Chat. It was uber famous in the world, Malaysia has been the most users in the world, but the chat platform was so ultra prone to virus attacks, it becomes a too dangerous windows. Mind you, I owned 2 PC , both was using Windows application, and I'm using both PC then to MIRC. I was absolutely addicted to it, online almost 24 hours, I chat every single day & night. With strangers , and some of them I actually meet up in person. But I was young & naive then. I thought IRC was my portal to find love & relationship when it turns out to be sex and pure lust. But, credits for my addiction, my typing skills was absolutely fantastic. Fast& furious-I have the skills of a real stenographer/professional typist.

After the IRC phase, I went through another transition. Friends page- The most famous then was Friendster, Facelink and Faceparty-each of it I have a valid accounts. Again, I assume I would find myself a lover/boyfriend. Desperate much? Yes I admit. After a few years, Myspace came into the craze of internet social network. It becomes one of my favorite portal. I would online my myspace every single days, I have really good friends through myspace. I dated amazing people, crazy bunch and sex craze maniacs through myspace. Myspace was a phenomenal when it becomes an over night success , it was so famous, Celebrities all over the world has their own page in myspace. Like any other fame , it will grew older and less popular. Myspace becomes so profit making oriented that it lost it touch of the real social network ideas that they used to preached.

Facebook then introduced by a friend of mine in 2007. The fresh new ideas of making friends, with it unique and refreshing approach.The poking device in that page, the cool & funny wall to wall concepts had made me so much into Facebook. I found long lost friends, old friends reconnect. Presents friends were constantly keeping touch, making more new friends. Now, is like a social must have to be in Facebook. I am honestly addicted to Facebook till someday I get fedup and probably shut the account. The thing about Facebook and any other social networking would be- privacy. The privacy has been much an issues, I've encountered many incident, drama, crisis and confrontations via Facebook. But as you aged and u become more mature on dealing with them. You can't just simply blame Facebook for all your issues. The choice is in your hand people. Let your fingers connect with your brain, and make sure you analyze before you do anything stupid, embarrassing and regretful.

Twitter is another current and the most famous social networking that has everyone talking about. I personally found, Twitter has the utmost privacy when it comes to this . Twitter is the place you can be expressive and be blunt, you can update yourself in the 'status' bar anytime and anyhow you want.

Be it Facebook, Myspace or Twitter. The internet has somehow hit & miss human interaction to one another. It's somehow a subjective matter and you have to determined by yourself, you have the rights to your own opinion on this. But I somehow still believes in the power of reality . Social network for me is to meet the person in 'person' To be able to talk, to see and to react on one body language, expression and tone. It's more 'honest ' and it's more personal. It's better , way better than staring at the screen of the computer, u might be chatting with psychos or a serial killer or even a rapist. Be careful, always make a point to take care of yourself when your dealing with a complete stranger (be it via the internet or even in a real life.

These days, even friends can turns into enemies in a split second. Pretending to be caring , but with some hidden agendas. Some even act hollier than thou, some even take you for granted. But I’m not perfect and I can’t simply judge anyone. But what to do with these? Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer- That's my motto. Oh well.
Happy Week Days ahead guys ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment