Friday, November 16, 2012

The Power of Communication

Communication can be universal and subjective, from simple exchange of a glance , to verbal language corresponding, to written words (blogging for example) to body language(a subtle and gentle touch can translate so many things) I believe much in communicating well. All my life, I work and learn hard to communicate properly and improve myself in this area as much as I could. As I'm working, it becomes my profession and my passion. Lately I'm doing my best to communicate well and use it as my side profession. I'm in the midst of exposing myself in a world of emceeing, I can do all sorts of event(parties, concerts, events, launching and functions) my trilingual skills(ENGLISH, MALAY and MANDARIN) always come in handy, my self and individual style of emcee will make me different anyone else. Trust me when I say these: I'm not perfect, but I'm willing to learn and be criticize to improve myself, I welcome any critics and comments. I will not fall to a cliche and stereotype emcees , I will make it myself unique. Care to try me? contact me here (neynaprada@gmail.com)

Anyway, as I was saying, communication must somehow follows
some guidelines, although there is no fine line on communicating in this world, everyone must learn to adapt both the culture and personalities of the receiving end. Execution of communication must be based on understanding with hopes of smoother mutual agreements for both parties.
I'm speaking on my 30 years experience in this area(which is back to my actual subject:communication), some people choose different type of communicating and expressing. A dear friend of mine use lyrics of songs to express his anger and happiness, some use emails to confront an issues(as some may feels that face to face communicating can or may lead to a distraction) some like myself, prefer to do it face to face, looking at reaction and emotions of the person you talk to can help to improve the end product of anything. Call me old fashion, in anything (be it relationships and relationships) I prefer to talk personally, rather than using old the latest technologies(i.e whatsapping,wechating ,blackberry messaging, emails, Facebook status updating, mobile texting and now 'twittering') I even find talking on the phone doesn't fit my personal criteria of being personal(mind my pun) I prefer meeting the person, talk to them in person and experience it eye to eye/body to body(in some cases). That's my style of communicating.
My ways of communication has gradually change the past few years, I used to be an observer, I used to be the clown that makes every laugh with my vulgar, dirty jokes. I grew out of that phase(not extremely much, I still sustained the sex-citing side of me)
These days, being bitchy and blunt can be a bit outdated, when the real foundation in anything is basically being honest and expressive in communicating. We all love someone who is sincere and generous with words(ala Paula Abdul) but there must a strike balance of bluntness (Simon would be too much to digest)
I'm glad that most issues that I faces , I've resolved them with what I regards as a good communication skills that I've possessed . I always believe, the only problems in you would be when you are not ready to express and being honest with yourself. You practically knows the answer to any questions, is the matter on how you find them and use it to resolve an issues. Everything you do is a choice, and the choice to use the communication skills as your weapon or shield is basically up to yourself.
Now tell me what do you think if we don't have this in us? Remember, even animals communicate, every single God's creature are given this gifts. Communication is no longer a skill, is what you have. Is not a natural born talent in you, is something you will eventually learn along the way. The choices are yours....


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment