Monday, March 1, 2010

My 1st Squash Attempt














Ok, never been a fan of any sports. Except American NFL or rugby(but for all the wrong reasons) My good friend Khai initiate a game of squash yesterday's evening(1st of March 2010), with promised of -coaching by squash experts - Mr Ezhar @ Bob . Pat is joining, so it should be bitchy fun. Location - KGS Squash Arena.

I swear I never played squash before, the concept is quite similar to badminton or tennis, it involves a racquet and a ball, plays by 2 person, the different would be u chase and hit the ball against the wall, the height and the distant is crucial for the points. But we were there to enjoy the game and sweat our 'ass off' and it would be my 1st attempt to start losing my weight in stages.

I must say, Bob can really stands our girls when it comes to playing this sort called competitive. He's very patient and his stamina is quite overwhelming for his size(he's kind of chubby stocky but very fit )There's obvious screaming and hollering, endless laugh out loud. Khai keeps on telling me she might vomit because of over laughter and yes we did sheds some kilos, but we end up pigging again at Old Kopitiam KIA over the Nasik Lemak(bad Neyna..Bad Neyna..:(*)

I had fun playing squash personally, it's an easy to learn sports. It requires a lot of hand & legs movement, since I'm a natural runner. I have no problems with it. But I need more stamina, and I need more warm up pre-game . I need to learn the proper tricks on playing this game.
But hey face it! It's probably will take me forever to be as good as Dato' Nicol David. So why not just enjoy the game and have fun :)

Let's do a quick Wiki shall we?

Squash is a racquet sport played by two players (or four players for doubles) in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball. Squash is recognized by the IOC and remains in contention for incorporation in a future Olympic program. Squash has been recognized as the world's healthiest sport.

next sports to try- tennis and badminton

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment