Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ally McBeal - Quotes and Wisdoms: McBealism 101

I Heart Ally!
The Characters: fr left: Vonda Sheppard, Georgia, Billy,Elaine,Richard Fish,Nelle Porter,John Cage, Ling Woo, Ally McBeal, Renee










Ally McBeal is an American television series which ran on the FOX network from 1997 to 2002. The series was created by David E. Kelley, The series starred Calista Flockhart in the title role as a young lawyer working in the fictional Boston law firm Cage, Fish and Associates with other young lawyers whose lives and loves were eccentric, humorous and dramatic





Some of the famous quotes by this lady


True McBealism:






There's no sin in loving men. Only pain!



We're not only wired to want what we can't have, but we're also wired to want what we really don't want.



You only die once!



When guys are persistent, it's romantic, they make movies about that. If it's a woman, then they cast Glenn Close.



Law and love are the same - romantic in concept but the actual practice can give you a yeast infection.



I like being a mess. It's who I am.



I've been dumped before, Renee. This isn't pain I'm feeling, it's nostalgia.



I mean, with all due respect, you sort of walk around with uppity breasts, and the hair flips aren't the most subtle. And your perfume - you could be flammable. Now what if somebody shut you down as a safety hazard, how would you feel then?



Here I am, the victim of my own choices. And I'm just starting.



Maybe I'm happy and I just don't know it.



The real truth is, I probably don't want to be too happy or content. Because, then what? I actually like the quest, the search. That's the fun. The more lost you are, the more you have to look forward to. What do you know? I'm having a great time and I don't even know it.



Whenever I get depressed, I raise my hemlines. If things don't change, I am bound to be arrested.



[about Billy] He wants to have his cake and not eat me.



Hi! I'm Ally McBeal, homewrecker. Here's my card.



Wow... I have a boyfriend.



[Watches Nelle Porter unpin her bun and shake out her long, beautiful blonde hair] It's official: I HATE her!



Maybe I'll share my life with somebody... maybe not. But the truth is, when I think back of my loneliest moments, there was usually somebody sitting there next to me.



Sometimes... there's no point in the truth if the only thing it will do is cause pain.



The idea that when people come together, they stay together. I have to take that with me when I'm going to bed at night, Even if I'm going to bed alone.



Men are like gum anyway - after you chew they lose their flavor.



Sometimes I'm more persuasive when I lack conviction.



Uh, let the record reflect that the deponent is a fat, arrogant, overweight, bald pig.



Even if I did get past all my problems, I'm just gonna get out and get new ones.



Remember, when you're with me, it's the only time you're not the strangest person in the room. So go ahead, get weird with me.



We're women. We have a double standard to live up to.



However much I know otherwise part of me has always felt that life has no real meaning until you get to share it with somebody. Maybe that's what I'm afraid of: my life finally taking meaning or suddenly becoming void of it.





* Calista Flockhart the actress that potray this amazing fictional character of Ally McBeal is making a comeback in absolutely fantastic family drama : Brothers & Sisters . She plays Kitty Walker , the 2nd daughter of Walker Family .

No comments:

Post a Comment